Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I’m PS Crazy!

“Sony Launches PS3 in India.”
The news began the new sensation in the world of TV and online Gaming. All the PS Crazy people like me are exited to experience the class of PS3. It will show us the never before reality graphics, great surroundings, lively sound effects and will provide the brand new gaming experience. Though, it is launched in India, it will take a long to reach in my town. Till then, all PS lovers like me are waiting disparately for the new creation. But this launch of PS3 recalled all the memories of PlayStation; right from PS1. I lost in past with all those unforgettable actions with these ancestors of PlayStation.
We used to play Video Games those days. I was in 7th or 8th class, when I acquire skill in this business. Almost everyone in my friend circle had his own TV Game and we used to argue on whose Game is best. But we were not extreme about the TV games like today’s youngsters. Our ‘time to play the game’ was the noon time; most prominently the summer noon as we can’t play on ground due to scorching heat. Today, when I see the school goers busy with TV Games in the evening time, I feel pity over them. They are missing such a precious experience of playing on ground due to there thoughtless passion for PlayStations and other TV Games. But on the other hand, I feel pity on my seniors too. Many friends of my age and almost all my elder ones were away from PS when they were young. Most of them were told when they were in college that these games are for kids and not for the college going youth. Many of them were not ready to accept this new type of gaming as they were more familiar with the sports they were playing at that time. Whatever may be the reason, I consider those who never experienced PS as unfortunates. They lost the grand pleasure in their life. Because PS, if enjoyed in intended manner helps to enhance your knowledge, concentration, creativity and sportsman spirit. It provides you a new charm and refreshment and makes you ready to accept new challenges in life. So, I consider myself a lucky person who enjoyed ground as well as PS; both with full delight.
My introduction to PS One was quite like a step forward. We enjoyed the Video games a lot till three four years and many games were fully mastered by us. I was in 11th class at that time and was happy with PC games when one of my friends brought PS One. It was amazing to watch the graphics and effects even better than PC graphics on simple TV. The PS joystick was easy to handle and it was a different experience to play PS. My first game on PS1 was ‘Xena - The Worrier Princess.’ Whenever I got time, I used to try hands on various challenges in ‘Xena.’ The skill of throwing the weapon on target was fairly acquired by me due to regular practice. But Xena was a only ‘one player’ compatible game. Though, it was a great pleasure to complete various stages of this difficult feeling game, it wasn’t always possible to share the charm with friends. So, the ‘Tekken’ and ‘Smack Down’ Era began. Both these games were mastered by me within few days. Though I was not unconquerable like some other friends in my group, I was a good player of both these games. After these three games, I tried my hand in so many games, but unfortunately I was unable to achieve the top in any other game accept these three. I don’t know why, may be due to the fear of failure; but I never liked the games like car race, bike race and gothic missions like ‘Fatal Frame’ and ‘Alone in the Dark.’ Even I never played the games like ‘James Bond 007’ and ‘Matrix’ as I was a big loser in these games.
Well, I was not the biggest loser. It may be possible for me to attain the respect in these games too, but the arrival of PS2 stopped the mission PS1 for me. News about PS2 launch was on Internet and in newspapers like today’s PS3s’, when we arranged the PS2. The graphics were almost like 3D. Even the PC with high end graphics card was unable to show such quality graphics. My favorite mission in PS2 is ‘Onimusha.’ This is not just the game for me. The second part of this game, ‘Samurai’s Destiny’ is I think the best part of the game. Not only the graphics and sounds but the storyline, the characters, emotions, all are of high quality. I was so much influenced by the story of ‘Samurai’s Destiny’ right from the moment I start playing this game. It was nothing but the influence of ‘Onimusha 2’ under which I wrote my first ever series for kids in Marathi Daily ‘Tarun Bharat.’ My story ‘Mahan-Vijay’ was indeed an Indian avatar of this Japanese story. It appeared through the ‘Spandan’ supplement of ‘Tarun Bharat’ regularly till 18 months. In this way this game gave me fame and money besides pleasure and attentiveness.
The missions like ‘Onimusha’ enhanced the creativity, alertness and memory, while the combats like ‘Tekken 5’ and ‘Smack Down – Here Comes the Pain’ awarded the sportsman spirit and self confidence. Like PS1, my first choice in PS2 was none other than ‘Smack Down.’ Actually ‘Here Comes the Pain’ edition of Smack Down is all time favorite edition of most of the players. After this edition, two next generation games were released but the magic of ‘Here Comes the Pain’ is still spanking new. Even today, whenever I got the time, I choose this very game to refresh my mind. Nowadays, time and workload hardly permits most of us to enjoy PS for a long time like old days. But this doesn’t make me sad at all because we enjoyed the magic and ruled on this digital kingdom for quite a long time.
Though, as we know, a kid dwells in every grown up person; I am waiting for newest member of PS family. The online gaming is a stream open for all age groups and the magic of Broadband is spreading rapidly all over. These two events are innovating the new era in gaming. I am waiting for this new taste as I am a PS crazy right from childhood.

No comments: