Friday, August 19, 2011

New Marathi face for Bollywood

Dashing Adinath Kothare, son of renowned actor-director Mahesh Kothare, is all set to make waves in Hindi Film Industry with his debut film Standby. He speaks on his jouney from ‘Maza Chhakula’

Marathi audience still remember him as a nine-year-old brave innocent and naughty kid, doing ‘adventures’ at Essel World to escape himself from a ‘mafia’ in super-hit ‘Maza Chhakula’, his debut film.
Adinath Kothare, has now grown up to a handsome young guy, and all set to make another debut, this time in Hindi films, with Sanjay Surkar’s ‘Stand By’.

“I am very excited!”, he expresses, and one can feel the same through his glittering eyes, very much resembling to his father. Adinath, even if being a ‘born star’ of Marathi industry, calls himself a newcomer, a struggler, -- showing another quality of Marathi actor -- Humbleness. “I feel very lucky that I got a chance to work with a director like Sanjay Surkar. He gave me a lot of space in my work,” says a Science Graduate from Ruiya College, who later completed MBA from MET College, Mumbai.

“Being a science graduate was not enough to understand marketing and promotion strategy for films. So, I opt for MBA,” he says. Adinath, initially joined his father as assistant in several Marathi movies, and later worked for many production houses including Pritish Nandy Communications, and Walkwater Media.
Presently, he owns a production house ‘Kothare & Kothare Vision’ that produces three television serials including the super-hit ‘Man Udhan Varyache’. Like his father, Adinath also aspires to enjoy a special position in Hindi and Marathi industry.

“To some extent, it’s easy for me to be in industry, because people know me as Mahesh Kothare’s son. But ultimately, it all depends on my work, my acting because of which I will get films,” he says.
Presently a couple of Marathi films, including ‘Dubhang’ in which Adinath is working opposite his fiancee Urmila Kanetkar, are ready for release. Many projects in Hindi are also in pipeline.

Cutting of the same article published in The Hitavada on August 17

No comments: